Zeptol Tablet contains Carbamazepine as the active ingredient which is an antiepileptic medication. Carbamazepine is an anticonvulsant and mood-stabilizing drug used primarily in the treatment of epilepsy and bipolar disorder as well as trigeminal neuralgia.
Carbamazepine depresses activity in the nucleus ventralis of the thalamus, reduces synaptic propagation of excitatory impulses or decreases summation of temporal stimulation leading to neural discharge by limiting influx of Na ions across cell membrane or other unknown mechanisms. It stimulates the release of antidiuretic hormone (ADH) and potentiates its action in promoting reabsorption of water.
It is prescribed to treat Seizure, neuropathic pain, bipolar disorder.
Direction to Use
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor.
- Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it.
- Zeptol Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- Zeptol Tablet can make you feel dizzy or drowsy especially at the start of treatment. If you are affected in this way, or if your eyesight is affected, you should not drive.
- If you miss a dose of Zeptol, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Common Side Effects of Zeptol are Skin rash, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Fatigue, Coordination impaired, Decreased white blood cell count, loss of balance or coordination, or unsteadiness.